The United States Advanced Battery Consortium LLC (USABC) is a subsidiary of USCAR. Enabled by a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), USABC’s mission is to develop electrochemical energy storage technologies that advance commercialization of next generation electrified vehicle applications. In support of its mission, USABC has developed mid- and long-term goals to guide its projects and measure its progress.
- Develop advanced battery cell and system technologies to meet next generation performance and cost goals for electrified automotive applications.
- Develop materials, sub-systems, manufacturing and recycling technologies to support advanced battery systems for electrified vehicle applications.
- Conduct benchmarking activities for state-of-the-art batteries and ultracapacitors.
- Publish technical goals and associated test procedures to guide the development of electrochemical energy storage systems.
- Proactively identify challenges and barriers that must be overcome for EES technologies to meet future needs of the automotive industry, and strive to promote targeted R&D to address. Examples can be found below.
USABC Requests for Proposal Information (RFPIs) and Related Documents
Energy Storage System Goals
Title Version Size Download 12V Start-Stop Battery Goals 181.46 KB DownloadPreview 48V HEV Goals 204.52 KB DownloadPreview Cell Active Material Requirements 415.49 KB DownloadPreview Electrolyte Goals 72.05 KB DownloadPreview Goals for Advanced High-Performance Batteries for Electric Vehicle (EV) Applications 345.46 KB DownloadPreview Lithium Battery Separator Goals 438.56 KB DownloadPreview Lithium Electrode Based Cell and Manufacturing for Automotive Traction Applications 467.53 KB DownloadPreview Low-Cost/Fast-Charge EV Goals 211.29 KB DownloadPreview PHEV Battery Goals 285.48 KB DownloadPreview Thermal Management System Goals 823.35 KB DownloadPreview
Title Version Size Hits Date modified Download Separator Shut Down Procedure 28.78 KB 672 11-18-2021 DownloadPreview Abuse Test Procedure Manual 1.45 MB 1712 01-19-2022 DownloadPreview 48 Volt Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicles Test Manual 1.67 MB 796 09-29-2021 DownloadPreview System Configuration Guidelines 563.52 KB 712 11-18-2021 DownloadPreview Electric Vehicle Battery Test Procedures Manual 797.70 KB 2951 09-20-2021 DownloadPreview 12 V Start Stop Manual 1.37 MB 634 09-20-2021 DownloadPreview PHEV Manual 1.38 MB 820 09-20-2021 DownloadPreview Appendix - Developer/National Laboratory Deliverable Checklist 422.59 KB 606 09-20-2021 DownloadPreview
USABC Cost Models
Terms and Conditions
Title Version Size Hits Date modified Download USABC Cooperative Agreement Terms and Conditions (Redacted) 446.14 KB 11-10-2021 DownloadPreview USABC Purchase Order Terms and Conditions 102.32 KB 11-10-2021 DownloadPreview USABC/DOE Intellectual Property Provisions 296.90 KB 11-10-2021 DownloadPreview
Financial Due Diligence
USABC-DCAA-19-PAC-002(R) Content Table and Cost Principles FeDate added: 11-15-2021
USABC-EERE 305 preaward information sheet Jun2018Date added: 11-15-2021
USABC-EERE 335 Attchmnt 1A budget_justification 3BPs May2016_v1Date added: 11-15-2021
USABC-EERE 335.1 Attchmnt 1B budget_justification 5BPs May2016_v2Date added: 11-15-2021
USABC-EERE 410.2 sample indirect rate proposal preaward Attchmnt 2 May2016Date added: 11-15-2021
USABC-Required Documentation for Cost Submissions (REV) Feb2020Date added: 11-15-2021